Friday 6 July 2012

Me and the Wind

As I stand on the highest point of the mountain, hoping this time when the wind blows my heart will know it is as free as the wind.

I remember, when the wind used to blow fearlessly, laughing loudly, sweeping all that was around. After dispersing my hair to all directions, then it used to walk past me and turn around with a sneer, telling me I am not free, and how wasted I am for not being free, I carried extreme feelings of  jealousy, for I could feel how free the wind was and how rigid and chained my spirit was, how thirsty this spirit was  to blow around just like the wind, at those moments I hated the wind, but its strength and confidence used to leave me speechless with few tear drops over my cheeks, when the wind knew how jealous I was , it would blow harder, stronger, and more beautifully. I envied it as much as I admired it.

Now I am here, come and blow like you always do, come I am here waiting for you on the peak, I can compete you.  Come .... I have learned your secrets.




No comments:

Post a Comment